- 1994-1997: PhD Thesis (particle physics), IPN Lyon (France) & CERN (Switzerland)
- 1997-1999: Postdoctoral researcher, BNL (NY, USA)
- 1999-2006: NTSys (Open Source Engineering, France), CTO, Co-Founder
- 2002-2008: Urgence Informatique (IT Consulting, France), Co-Founder, Technical Adviser
- 2006-2019: joined Osiatis (now Econocom) as Open Source & Network Security Consultant, then Technical Officer & Innovation Management (AI, Blockchain, Edge Computing, Quantum Computing, …)
- 2019-2021: Senior IT Expert at Dawex
- 2022-*: VP Technology & Research at Dawex
Publications & Research activities: Particle & Nuclear Physics
PhD Thesis (1994-1997, IPN Lyon, France)
- F.Bellaiche – J/ψ, ψ’ and Drell-Yan process cross-sections in Pb-Pb interactions at 158 GeV/c per nucleon – 1997 – Link (CERN)
NA50 Experiment (CERN, France/Switzerland) – Selected papers (Full list)
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Anomalous J/ψ production in Pb Pb collision at 158-GeV per nucleon – 1996 – 28th International Conference on High-energy Physics (ICHEP 96) – PS
- M.C.Abreu et al. – J/ψ and Drell-Yan cross-sections in Pb-Pb interactions at 158 GeV/c per nucleon – 1997 – Phys.Lett.B410:327 –PS
- M.C.Abreu et al. – J /ψ and Drell-Yan cross-sections in Pb Pb interactions at 158 GeV/c per nucleon – 2000 – Nucl.Phys.A663:765-768
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Anomalous J/ψ suppression in Pb-Pb interactions at 158 GeV/C per nucleon – 1997 – Phys.Lett.B410:337-343 – PS
- F.Bellaiche et al. – The NA50 segmented target and vertex recognition system – 1997 – Nucl.Instrum.Meth.A398:180-188 – PS
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Transverse momentum distribution of J/ψ continuum dimuons produced in Pb Pb interaction at the SPS – 2001 – Phys.Lett.B499:85-96 – PDF
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Evidence for deconfinement of quarks and gluons from the J/ψ suppression pattern measured in Pb-Pb collisions at the CERN-SPS – 2000 – Phys.Lett.B:477:28 – PDF
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Dimuon and charm production in nucleus-nucleus collisions at CERN-SPS – 2000 – Euro.Phys.J. C14:443 – PS
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Low mass dimuon production in proton and ion induced interactions at the SPS – 2000 – Euro.Phys.J. C13:69 – PS
- M.C.Abreu et al. – Observation of a threshold effect in the anomalous J/ψ suppression – 1999 – Phys.Lett.B450:456 – PS
Phenix Experiment (BNL, USA) – Selected papers (Full list)
- K.Adcox et al. – Formation of dense partonic matter in relativistic nucleus-nucleus collisions at RHIC – 2005 – Nucl.Phys.A757:184 – PDF
- H.Akikawa et al. – Phenix muon arms – 2003 – Nucl.Instrum.Meth.A499:537 – PS
- K.Adcox et al. – Phenix detector overview – 2003 – Nucl.Instrum.Meth.A499:469 – PDF
- K.Adcox et al. – Single identified hadron spectra from SNN1/2 = 130-GeV AU+AU Collisions – 2004 Phys.Rev.C69:02490 – PDF
- K.Adcox et al. – Centrality dependence of the high P(T) charged hadron suppression in Au+Au collisions at SNN1/2 =130-Gev – 2003 – Phys.Lett.B561 – PDF
- K.Adcox et al. – Suppression of hadrons with large transverse momentum in central Au+Au collisions at at SNN1/2 =130-Gev – 2002 – Phys.Rev.Lett.88:022301 – PDF
Publications & Research activities (NTSys & ENS Lyon, France): Computer Science
13 thoughts on “About me”
Hi, in an outreach project we are currently developing teaching material on particle physics, which will be made available to teachers, free of charge, online and printed versions (see website, in German 🙁 ). For the chapter on the BEH field we would like to reprint your “Mexican hat + nail” figure from http://quantum-bits.org/?p=233. So I am asking for permission to reprint the figure and the requested conditions (e.g. Copyright: Frédéric Bellaiche).
Thank you very much,
Dear Dr. Bellaiche,
I am writing a book for grneral public concerning cosmology. I found your description of interactions in https://www.quantum-bits.org/?p=2772 very interesting. May I use your figure?
antonino del popolo
Hi Antonino. Sorry for being late to answer. Yes, of course, you can use this figure as you like.
Dear Fred Bellaiche,
I would like to include two of your pictures, which were used in the German book “Teilchenphysik. Ladungen, Wechselwirkungen und Teilchen” (mentioned above by Uta Bilow), published by ‘Netzwerk Teilchenwelt’ and the ‘Joachim Herz Stiftung’, in my master thesis. My thesis addresses students and teachers and the book where your pictures are published to which I refer is also for teachers. So it would be very nice and useful. In case you (and the book’s authors, which I ask separately) agree, I would like to take the German version from the book.
Thanks in advance
Dear Mr. Bellaiche,
a few days ago I wrote a message here, but I think my message got lost. So I will try again:
I really like your Higgs-potential diagrams. They were published in the German book >>Teilchenphysik. Ladungen, Wechselwirkungen und Teilchen<>Joachim Herz Stiftung<>Netzwerk Teilchenwelt<< which can be found here: https://www.teilchenwelt.de/material/materialien-fuer-lehrkraefte/unterrichtsmaterial-teilchenphysik/ (unfortunately in German). In my master thesis I work out a way to understand the Higgs-mechanism with school knowledge. For this it would be very nice and useful, if I could use your pictures of the Higgs potential (and the comparison to the nail).
With best regards,
Yes, please go ahead, use these diagrams as you wish !
Thank you very much! 🙂
Frédéric, I found very useful one of your images in “What’s this Higgs boson anyway ?”. May I use it for my final project of my degree? I will cite your page
Yes of course, go ahead !
I am writing a book about neutrinos and I would love to use the image of the “Mexican Hat” potential that appears on your page: http://quantum-bits.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/higgs-hat.png . Do you “own” it? How I could get permission to use it? Any advice would be helpful.
Yes of course, please go ahead !
Hello, merci d’avoir mis des liens vers mes vidéo !
ton blog est super sympa.
Merci à toi (et tes excellentes vidéos !)